Occupational therapy is a skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence in all facets of their lives. At Jenkins Living Center, occupational therapy services focus on:
- Improving abilities to carry out activities of daily living such as dressing, toileting, bathing, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Evaluating home environments for safety
- Adaptive equipment training and assistive technology
- Improving arm strength and range of motion that allows increased function with daily tasks
- Hand splinting to provide support and prevent stiffness
- Positioning in wheelchair and bed for safety
- Vision rehabilitation — Click here for details!